Q: My car jerk's some times one week is good and the other week is bad.

asked by on March 11, 2017

My van works good in one week it acts up the next week it's back and forth
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Either the EGR - Exhaust Gas Recirculation - has been plugged up or the MAF - Mass Air Flow - sensor is dirty or damaged. Try removing the vacuum line to the EGR and test driving the vehicle with the hose plugged up. If the symptoms change and make the jerking go away, then the EGR may be coming on when the engine is accelerating under a load forcing the engine to have a misfire condition. The MAF could also contribute to the symptoms of the same and cause the engine to have a misfire condition. If you need further assistance with your vehicle jerking on acceleration, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.