Q: My car is still dying out after replacing the alternator and battery

asked by on October 17, 2016

I brought a new alternator and battery and my car is still dying out

How many motor mounts are in a 2006 pontiac grand prix?

There is one engine mount, one transmission mount and two torque strut mounts (left and right), so four units in all, although the strut mounts are 2 pieces each, so technically 8 pieces in all. The engine and transmission mounts...

03 and the temperature gauge in my Dash has been disconnected and I need to know exactly how to reconnect it

The instructions depend on where it was disconnected, that is in the engine compartment versus behind the dash. If in the engine compartment, you can look at the driver side near the water outlet on the engine. There is an...

How to fix electrical lost

Trying to diagnose electrical issues remotely is one of the more difficult things to accurately accomplish. Due to the fact that multiple components might be faulty, you should have a professional mobile mechanic complete an electrical problems inspection at your...

I hear a rattling noise in the back of my car.I was told I need rear struts not sure which parts

Hi there. I would strongly recommend having a professional mechanic accurately diagnose the issue you're having if you are going to have a private, non-Mercedes Benz certified mechanic complete these repairs. By having one of our mobile mechanics come to...

Car makes squeaking noise while brake is pressed and I'm still

I don't think this has anything to do with your brakes. You're probably experiencing an engine noise or a noise in one of the belt driven accessories. If it only occurs when the brake pedal is depressed, than it may...

Problem with battery discharging over a couple of hours. Alternator getting hot while running very quickly.

This may be related to a voltage regulator malfunction. This is the resister on the passenger fender well that you are referring to. This is a device that monitors the charging system to be sure the battery is charged at...

I have an AWD 2008 Lincoln MKX and the power train/malfunction light comes on

Hi There, The check engine light indicates that there is likely something wrong with the engine or transmission in your vehicle and will usually come on in conjunction with the vehicle going into the reduced power mode. This happens when...

Van will not start randomly

Hello. If you have a new battery and new terminal connectors, then I would be curious about the starter solenoid. That could cause temperamental starting with a perfectly good battery and electrical system. If the starter solenoid is beginning to...

NVIS (Immobilizer System) in my Pathfinder Armada is rejecting my key; I know its correct key.

Operating a modern computer controlled vehicle with a dead battery can damage the Powertrain Control Module due to the voltage instability, particularty voltage excursions on the high side (above 14 volts), that occur when the alternator has no buffer to...