Q: My car does not want to gain any type of speed

When I drive my car, it doesn't gain any type of speed. Even if press the gas pedal all the way down. What can possibly be wrong with my car?

A: Hi there. A lack of acceleration could be t...

Hi there. A lack of acceleration could be the result of several possibilities and requires proper diagnoses. Low fuel pressure, caused by a faulty fuel pump, a faulty fuel pressure regulator, a plugged fuel filter. A restricted exhaust system, plugged catalytic converter. A faulty MAF (mass airflow) sensor, incorrectly calculating the incoming air to the engine. Assuming, the check engine light is not on, leads me to believe the PCM (powertrain control module)/computer is not recognizing the fault. I recommend having your vehicle’s doesn’t gain speed be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.