Q: My car died on the freeway 6 days after getting new battery and alternator. Any idea what this could be?!

My car stalled on the freeway. I just had a new battery and alternator put in 6 days ago! Any idea on what could have caused this?!

The repair work and the stalling are not necessarily related and thus could just be a coincidence. If the car re-started, just check to be sure the battery is fully charged and that the charging system output is correct. If the car did not re-start, then you can request a no start diagnostic. If the car re-started and the stalling never recurred, it will be difficult, indeed impossible, to determine the actual cause. If the stalling recurs though, YourMechanic does offers a stalling diagnostic. If you request that service a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will get the problem resolved for you if it recurs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

• My car died on the freeway 6 days after getting new battery and alternator. Any idea what this could be?!