Q: My alarm has been going off when I open my door. When I try to turn car the car on it doesn't start.

My alarm has neen going pff when i open my door my fod dose not work. So i turn car on still nothing so i wait till it turn off then drive home and park... Wgen i try to srart the car again it wont start...but seems ti b trying to start...ciuld it b cuz i didnt shut it off with fod that lil box thingy that unlocks car

You did not mention replacing the battery, but the behavior you describe is fairly common for many vehicles after installing a new battery.

You can usually reset this by: closing all doors, locking the driver door with the key. Let it sit for a minute or two. Then unlock the driver door with the key, then start the car with the key. This should cause the alarm to stop honking, and reset the security system to normal (non-honking) behavior.

If the issue persists or you need help with this procedure, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose your starting issue firsthand and help you make the necessary repairs to get your car going again.

3. My alarm has been going off when I open my door. When I try to turn car the car on it doesn't start.