Q: Misfire, but ignition coil is good so what could be causing this? 2004 Dodge RAM 1500

I checked the ignition coil in the cylinder that's misfiring and you guys installed a brand new one in November so it's good, I switched cylinder 8's ignition coil to cylinder 4 to see if it would follow but now its just giving me a random cylinder misfiring and not pinpointing which cylinder. Could it be the spark plugs? ( I have the wrong brand spark plugs in the truck) could that be causing it or could it be faulty fuel injectors?

Hi there - there are several possibilities for your misfiring engine: the new coil is bad as well (moving the coil seems to have moved the problem?), oil or debris in the spark plug recess that is causing shorting between the plug and block, or an incompatibility between the plugs and the engine combustion chamber. (Some engines don’t tolerate multi-electrode designs and misfire.) I would recommend a misfire inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Misfire, but ignition coil is good so what could be causing this? 2004 Dodge RAM 1500