Q: Mileage query

Just did a hpi check on a car i was thinking of buying. The car is advertised for 61000 and the mileage check flagged up a discrepancy. The last record goes down a small amount rather than up. Does this look strange or could there be an explanation? Car had mot jan16 and miles where around 53000. Asked this question elsewhere and was told it looks like the car has been unused for almost a year. Where did they get that info. Im clueless

07/01/2015 Manufacturer 38814 19/01/2015 BVRLA 39188 11/03/2015 Manufacturer 42001 10/05/2015 Manufacturer 45417 03/07/2015 Manufacturer 51286 09/10/2015 BVRLA 62925 24/06/2016 BVRLA 62359

A: There is the chance of human error while re...

There is the chance of human error while recording or reporting the information made available. When you have the actual car inspected you can ask the repair technician if anything seems as if it had been tampered with. Vehicles these days are designed to make it much more difficult to do and I’m sure there may just be a problem with the reporting. I suggest having a certified mechanic, like one YourMechanic, perform a pre-purchase inspection on the car to assess its overall condition and give you some peace of mind.