Q: Metallic grinding sound - 1999 Dodge Ram

Metallic grinding sound. Thought it was the brakes. Not. Changed the rear axles and bearings. Not Looked at my Hanes book under symptoms. Suggested it may be cv joint. About how much is the price for labor and parts

A: Hello. Your symptoms suggest a front hub/be...

Hello. Your symptoms suggest a front hub/bearing assembly. If the noise rises with road speed, or gets worse during cornering or braking, it is likely a front wheel bearing/hub. Louder when turning left at slow speeds will be the right front hub, and louder when turning right, will be the left front hub. If you need to have this taken car of, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the grinding noise and provide an estimate for the repair.