Q: Poor idle, shuts off sometimes.

Car is hard to start sometimes, low rpm while at a stand still, and will cut off sometimes. Excessive fuel consumption. I just cleaned the maf waiting for it to dry. What sould my next step be from here?

Anytime you have a performance or idle problem, a good place to start is to check for air leaks. The engine must have carefully monitored amounts of air to run correctly and any air that gets in without being measured can cause problems. Broken or poor fitting hoses and rubber parts will cause all kinds of idling and stalling issues. If you don’t find any problems there, the next thing to do is consider having the throttle body cleaned. It might require removing the throttle body and there is a tricky re-learn procedure that you have to go through if it is disconnected. You can contact Your Mechanic to have a professional come to your home or office to [diagnose your idling problem]https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-idle-is-rough-inspection) and advise you on what other measures you can take.

3. Poor idle, shuts off sometimes.