Q: Lost my key and have to start car with ignition switch but my steering column is locked how do I unlock it

asked by on July 02, 2017

So I lost my car key and I had help from a mechanic to start the car with an ignition switch. Well that mechanic left and I tried to drive my car and the column is locked. How do I unlock it? The mechanic I had do the work was rude and he won't return my calls

Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Unfortunately, without seeing what repairs were made and how the ignition switch was installed, it’s hard to give you advice on how to get the steering column unstuck. You might want to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a steering wheel is hard to turn inspection to help you resolve this problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr