Q: Key only turns in ignition sometimes

My car key only turns the ignition sometimes. I don't have to put the key all the way in to get it to turn after multiple tries. It is not because the steering wheel locks up.

A: Hi. Many GM cars experience this problem. I...

Hi. Many GM cars experience this problem. It is probably a worn ignition switch; both in the key part, and in the electric switch itself. These simply wear out with use. It will take a qualified technician to confirm the source of your key malfunction, and replace the ignition switch, if necessary, with special tools made for this job.