Q: Key only turns in ignition sometimes

My car key only turns the ignition sometimes. I don't have to put the key all the way in to get it to turn after multiple tries. It is not because the steering wheel locks up.

Hi. Many GM cars experience this problem. It is probably a worn ignition switch; both in the key part, and in the electric switch itself. These simply wear out with use. It will take a qualified technician to confirm the source of your key malfunction, and replace the ignition switch, if necessary, with special tools made for this job.

3. Key only turns in ignition sometimes