Q: Just had freeze plugs replaced.still leaks now looks oily. Transmission slipping at 10-20mph now

After I had my freeze plugs replaced my jeep is leaking again. The leak is oily and my transmission is slipping between 10 and 20 mph

A: The 4 liter engine is known for valve cover...

The 4 liter engine is known for valve cover gasket, oil pan, and rear main seal leaks. A visual inspection from a top-down approach will give you an indication of the source. I use an inspection mirror to view the rear of the valve cover for any signs of oil. Then I look for the highest origin of any oil leaks. If questionable, I will have the engine washed down, U/V dye added, and then monitored with a U/V light.

The valve cover gasket is a minor replacement. The oil pan and rear main are slightly more difficult, but should be performed at the same time as this engine has a 2-piece rear main seal, which can be changed without removing the transmission.

The transmission slipping could be anything from low fluid, age, dirty fluid, or a bad torque converter. Check the fluid condition and level. The fluid should be pink and between the hashmarks on the dipstick while warm and running in park. I believe it takes Mopar +4 fluid, but double check with a parts vendor. If you want to have this diagnosed by a professional, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your gear slipping issue and let you know what repairs are necessary.