Q: Just had freeze plugs replaced.still leaks now looks oily. Transmission slipping at 10-20mph now

After I had my freeze plugs replaced my jeep is leaking again. The leak is oily and my transmission is slipping between 10 and 20 mph

The 4 liter engine is known for valve cover gasket, oil pan, and rear main seal leaks. A visual inspection from a top-down approach will give you an indication of the source. I use an inspection mirror to view the rear of the valve cover for any signs of oil. Then I look for the highest origin of any oil leaks. If questionable, I will have the engine washed down, U/V dye added, and then monitored with a U/V light.

The valve cover gasket is a minor replacement. The oil pan and rear main are slightly more difficult, but should be performed at the same time as this engine has a 2-piece rear main seal, which can be changed without removing the transmission.

The transmission slipping could be anything from low fluid, age, dirty fluid, or a bad torque converter. Check the fluid condition and level. The fluid should be pink and between the hashmarks on the dipstick while warm and running in park. I believe it takes Mopar +4 fluid, but double check with a parts vendor. If you want to have this diagnosed by a professional, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your gear slipping issue and let you know what repairs are necessary.

3. Just had freeze plugs replaced.still leaks now looks oily. Transmission slipping at 10-20mph now