Q: Jerking and tremors at high speeds

My car has about 75,500 miles on it. It’s been jerking allot lately and has bad tremors. It does this mostly when I’m driving from 45 to 55 mph. I went to have my front end and wheels balanced but it didn’t help. When I took it to the repair shop they said it was because my tie rods were corroded and 2 shocks were leaking. Do you think they know what they're doing? Do you know what I can do to fix this? I want to do it myself. Would aftermarket parts work well in my car?

There are some aftermarket vendors that make high quality parts comparable to the factory parts. Leaking shocks and badly worn steering components can cause drivability concerns like the one your are experiencing, but after the parts are replaced the vehicle must be aligned or tire wear will suffer. For the best results, have both of the services done at the same facility.