Q: Jeep shuts off when driving

asked by on February 12, 2016

My Jeep shuts off while driving. It will start right back up drive for a few feet and shut off again. I think the crank sensor needs replacing.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Although this sounds similar to the problem you are experiencing, the crank sensor does not seem to be the problem because a malfunction of the crank sensor can cause the truck to run for a brief moment before shutting off, or most likely it won’t run at all. The Engine Light may come off as well. It sounds like the mass air flow may be faulty or that the fuel system is having a problem. An inspection of your truck’s stalling issue needs to be completed to pinpoint the problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr