Q: is taking the muffler off a car hard? and is it bad for the car?

specifically for a mustang, i want the car to sound louder and was wondering would it do any short term or long term damage to the car,and can i do the job myself or do you recommend letting a professional handle it, also if you recommend me doing it myself,how do i do it

Hello, thank you for writing in. The exhaust system up to the muffler is what is responsible for proper engine and emissions performance. The muffler’s only job is to muffle the sound of the engine as it is amplified through the exhaust pipe. With that said, you should be able to remove the muffler without any loss of power or major issues. It is relatively simple to remove with the right tools. You want to take off just the muffler on the tip of the pipe, and no not remove anything further back from that. Keep in mind without the muffler you may be breaking noise laws in your area. Without the muffler, you will likely be a cop magnet. If you would like assistance swapping out exhausts, or removing it all together, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. is taking the muffler off a car hard? and is it bad for the car?