Q: Is it possible to patch a radiator if the hole is small enough?

My 99' Buick been overheating. I replaced the thermostat, and the water pump. When I started my car, it started to overheat fairly quickly and I noticed steam coming from the radiator on the driver side and a medium speed dripping from the bottom of that side. I don't have the money to replace the radiator and have to make it back and forth to work. Can I patch the hole for now?

A: It cannot be repaired in most cases since t...

It cannot be repaired in most cases since the plastic tanks crack and it is cheaper to replace it than try and repair it. If you check online you may find a new radiator very inexpensive. If you still cannot get one now then try to use a sealer to slow and or stop the leak temporarily. If you find you are needing further assistance, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home, or place of business to replace your radiator.