Q: Is it easy and safe to repair a crack in the windshield? 2008 Hyundai Tucson

My daughter will be driving our 2008 Tucson home from college in a couple weeks (Raleigh to Cincinnati). For 3 years we've had a small ding in the windshield. After driving home from Thanksgiving, her windshield started a crack. Can she try one of the home repairs for the crack instead of having it replaced? Do those hold up or should we have her take it somewhere to get checked?

3. Is it easy and safe to repair a crack in the windshield? 2008 Hyundai Tucson