Q: Intermittent starting issues. Changed crank position sensor, no help. Usually when driven and sits for 20 minutes it won't start.

After driving car and sitting for 20+ minutes it won't restart. Changed crank position sensor. No help. Hard to try multiple time this morning to start, first time on cold engine

Your specific engine has a known issue for the ignition module (DIS cassette). It is a common failure and only takes seconds to replace with 4 Tork-30 screws and one red electrical connector which can be a pain at times. I am a Saab specialist and have changed hundreds of these modules.

Without actually diagnosing the vehicle, I’m left to asssume that the DI module is bad. If you want a second opinion on this, seek the assistance from a certified mechanic. They will be able to diagnose and fix your starting problem accurately.

3. Intermittent starting issues. Changed crank position sensor, no help. Usually when driven and sits for 20 minutes it won't start.