Q: Intermittent starting issues. Changed crank position sensor, no help. Usually when driven and sits for 20 minutes it won't start.

After driving car and sitting for 20+ minutes it won't restart. Changed crank position sensor. No help. Hard to try multiple time this morning to start, first time on cold engine

Your specific engine has a known issue for the ignition module (DIS cassette). It is a common failure and only takes seconds to replace with 4 Tork-30 screws and one red electrical connector which can be a pain at times. I am a Saab specialist and have changed hundreds of these modules.

Without actually diagnosing the vehicle, I’m left to asssume that the DI module is bad. If you want a second opinion on this, seek the assistance from a certified mechanic. They will be able to diagnose and fix your starting problem accurately.

• Intermittent starting issues. Changed crank position sensor, no help. Usually when driven and sits for 20 minutes it won't start.