Q: In mornings before work (cold usually), my car acts like it wants to stall in idle/park. Give it gas 1-2 minutes. No more issues

Idle when vehicle first starts up in the mornings after hours of no use. I have to gas pedal fuel while in park for 1 minute. Then, vehicle runs like a champ near perfect. Additional issue I think may be related slight interruption interference downshifting 3rd to 2nd. I bought this car used for an individual and it had great carfax report. I think I need to get the computer/sensors reset. Do you know of any other potentially disaster issues I might have? Just so I can be prepared. Thanks

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. What seems to be happening is the EGR valve is sticking open and when it gets hot, the valve shuts. This will cause an engine to stumble when first turned on. Anther thing is the CTS (coolant temperature sensor) could be dirty or damaged. The CTS could be sending a message to the computer thinking that the car is at normal operating temperature. Check the harness to the EGR and to the CTS and make sure that there is no debris or corrosion. If you need assistance with your idle issue, then seek out a technician, as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with your vehicle.