Q: Immobilizer won't stop working when key fob pressed doors unlock but engine remains immobiluzed

Light on dashboard seems to be flashing faster than usual

A: The immobilizer and locking system are sepa...

The immobilizer and locking system are separate, so it’s not surprising your doors unlock but your engine won’t start. The immobilizer ECU looks for a code from the transponder found in the key. If it does not receive the code it is looking for upon request, it will deny operation of the start solenoid. A problem with the key, ECU or any other part of the system will prevent your vehicle from starting. I recommend having a professional diagnose your no start condition. YourMechanic is an excellent option since we come to you and can save you a tow bill.