Q: Ignition

My key won't turn in my ignition of my 2006 Honda Accord. Now the steering wheel is also locked. Please help!

Hi there:

The issue you’re describing is common with an ignition lock cylinder problem. When you insert your key into the ignition lock cylinder, there are a series of mechanical tumblers that all work together to unlock the steering wheel, send an electrical signal to the starter relay and eventually start the engine. If the key is stuck and the steering wheel is lock, it’s likely that one or several of these tumblers have broken or are stuck. The best way to solve this issue is to contact a professional mobile mechanic and have them complete an ignition key not turning inspection; so they can determine what’s causing this issue and recommend the right repairs.