Q: I went for an inspection on my 2005 Honda CRV. It did not pass Inspection.

The reason the inspection did not pass was because I need front ball joint replacements. My mechanic is not using HONDA original parts because he said I would not get car back today and the HONDA parts will be a few hundred dollars more. Will my 2005 HONDA CRV be in jeopordy because he will not use HONDA ball joints?

Hi there. In short, no; the car will not be in risk of failing a safety inspection because an aftermarket ball joint was used. The only time using aftermarket parts can cause a failure is if they are O2 sensors or other emissions related components; as some times they have connectivity issues with the ECU.

3. I went for an inspection on my 2005 Honda CRV. It did not pass Inspection.