Q: How do you refuel the Honda Civic?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you refuel the Honda Civic?

Your car needs gas for the engine to operate. You’ll need to fill the gas tank periodically, and knowing how to open the tank is important. Your car’s tank is protected by a locking fuel door. This prevents thieves from opening your tank and potentially siphoning gasoline. Here’s how to get it open so you can refuel:

1. Locate the fuel door release lever to the left of the driver seat on the floorboard.

2. Push the lever down.

3. The fuel door on the outside of the car will open.

4. Turn the gas cap counterclockwise and remove it.

5. Place the gas cap in the holder on the back of the fuel door (it should just slide right in).

6. Fill the tank with your choice of gasoline (don’t top it off, though – stop when the pump automatically shuts off).

7. Replace the gas cap.

8. Close the fuel door and it will automatically relock.

Tips

• Always shut the engine off when filling the gas cap.

• Make sure the cap is put back on tightly or the Loose Fuel Cap light will come on.