Q: I was driving my 05 Escalade today and all of a sudden the engine started revving up. I pulled over, put it in park, then back in

I was driving my 05 Escalade today and all of a sudden the engine started revving up. I pulled over, put it in park, then back in gear and started to go again. It was fine in first and second... Then at about 25 it revved up and had a hard time going in to third.

A: Hello, most of the time this is caused by a...

Hello, most of the time this is caused by a failing throttle body. These are a common failure on this vehicle. The accelerator motor or throttle position sensor fail and causes this. The accelerator pedal assembly can also fail causing this. I usually install a scan tool to monitor the output of these sensors which will allow me to see where the problem is. If all of the readings are fine then the throttle body needs to be replaced as the throttle plate may be binding in the throttle bore. If you want to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your shifting issue and help you fix it accordingly.