Q: I want to buy a 2006 Mazda 6 with 141,000 miles on it. Is this a good car?

I want to buy a 2006 Mazda 6 hatchback with 141,000 miles for $3,500, I just don't want to buy something that is completely ridiculous and only get myself in a rut.

Hi Ashdin. Thanks for contacting us today. The Mazda 6 is a hit or miss type of vehicle in regards to reliability. Some of them have no mechanical issues, while others develop transmission problems after about 10 years. However, the common thread that bad vehicles all have in common is lack of routine service and maintenance. If a vehicle is properly maintained, then it should be fine for several more years. The best way to ensure you are buying a good car is to ask the owner for service records or having a professional mechanic come to your location and completing a pre-purchase car inspection.

3. I want to buy a 2006 Mazda 6 with 141,000 miles on it. Is this a good car?