Q: I replaced my oil sending unit and it screwed I further than the old one kinda thinking i screwed up

When the old one was on there was a gap to where you could still see the threads but when putting on the new one it just kept screwing in the whole way

The oil sending unit has threads that are tapered and the new sensor may have less of a taper than the old one, causing it to screw in farther. Be sure that you don’t over tighten the sensor. You should be okay as long as there are no leaks, and you don’t over tighten and crack the housing where the sensor is installed. If you want a second opinion on this, feel free to contact a certified mechanic who can check and replace the oil sensor for you if necessary.

• I replaced my oil sending unit and it screwed I further than the old one kinda thinking i screwed up