Q: I put my 2002 chevy trailblazer in park, then realized that it kept moving, then I cut it off and it never started back up nor wou

I put my 2002 chevy trailblazer in park but it kept moving and turned it off and it wouldn't start up, plus it wouldn't move outta park.

A possibility is a broken shift cable. If the shift cable broke as you tried to select Park, or the cable became detached, the vehicle might not really be in Park (or neutral) and if that is the case the neutral start (safety) switch will prevent the starter circuit from functioning. There are other possibilities though and to find the root cause the vehicle will have to be inspected. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I put my 2002 chevy trailblazer in park, then realized that it kept moving, then I cut it off and it never started back up nor wou