Q: I need a new alternator would one from a kia sportage work?

I have a bad alternator was wondering if I could use one from a kia sportage in my hyundai elantra?

Unless they have the same part number I would say they would not be the same. Even if they look the same they may be wired different and may damage your wiring or electrical system. I personally would stay away from making this alternator swap. If you’d like, YourMechanic can quote you for an alternator replacement at your home or office using the correct alternator for your car.