Q: I have an AWD 2008 Lincoln MKX and the power train/malfunction light comes on

asked by on July 26, 2017

My power train malfunction symbol appeared.the car lost it pulling power but has power in reverse.what do I need to do and look for. Note I have never had a tune-up and I bought the car 4 years ago
I bought the car with 79000 miles My car has 156000 miles.

Hi There, The check engine light indicates that there is likely something wrong with the engine or transmission in your vehicle and will usually come on in conjunction with the vehicle going into the reduced power mode. This happens when the vehicle computer detects something wrong with the engine or transmission that may potentially cause further damage or present a safety issue. It is important to have this diagnosed as soon as possible as it could range from something minor to something more serious. Unfortunately, there are many different reasons for this light to come on and the best way to diagnose is to have the vehicle hooked up to a scanner which will download the engine fault codes indicating more specifically what may be wrong. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.