Q: I have a Dodge Dakota 4 x 4 2001 truck yet dies instantly after it's Crank. The check engine light was on for a month prior. Help

My Dodge Dakota 2001 4x4 truck cranks then dies instantly. I drove it home one day and two days later this problem started. The Check engine light was on maybe three months prior but I'm not sure why or if it's related to problem. The truck seemed to run fine previously. The battery is charged, lights come on, etc. Any idea on possible problem source and the resolution?

Since the check engine light is on already you would not know if the computer stored additional codes that will point to the problem you are having unless you have the system tested again. You need to have this done first and then go from there.