I have a 2010 Mercedes Benz E350. I had it checked for an...

Q: I have a 2010 Mercedes Benz E350. I had it checked for an oil leak and theyre saying that I need over 6k worth of repairs (includi

I went to the shop to get an oil leak fixed and they came up with over $6000 worth of repairs that I need, including: diagnostics, oil centrifuge cover leak, oil vacuum pump leak, engine and transmission collapse, belt & tensioner replacement, & front and rear breaks. Is it worth it to get all of this fixed? Or should I trade it in completely?

Repairs for over $6000 on this vehicle is common on a vehicle that is this age and would be a decision foe you to decide if you want to spend the $6000 to repair this one or trade it in for a new or newer vehicle. Keep in mind that that all vehicles will need this kind of maintenance and should be considered with any purchase and how long you plan to keep a vehicle.