Q: I have a 2008 impala ls. After running a while, the water in the reservoir begins to bubble and steam as if the car is running hot.

Flush

Before changing the coolant, it is best to get a Refractometer or a coolant strength tester to test the coolants ethylene glycol level of protection. If the level of protection is low, then the system will need to be flushed. If the level of protection is high at the top, then the system has a reservoir cap that has failed or the head gasket on the engine is burned and letting exhaust gasses into the cooling system. If you need further assistance with your coolant bubbling, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I have a 2008 impala ls. After running a while, the water in the reservoir begins to bubble and steam as if the car is running hot.