Q: I have a 2008 chevy impala ltz, it won't shift out of park and it won't start. the car reads that it is in first gear

I have a 2008 chevy impala ltz, it won't shift out of park and it won't start. the car reads that it is in first gear

It sounds like you may have a problem with the transmission with the transmission position sensor switch that may be preventing the vehicle from starting or the engine may only start when in gear or in neutral. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle to properly diagnose and repair.

3. I have a 2008 chevy impala ltz, it won't shift out of park and it won't start. the car reads that it is in first gear