Q: I had a loud noise and could not accelerate i found a exhaust leak i got that fixed but im still having accelerate problem

I had a loud noise and when i press the gas it would not let me accelerate i found an exhaust leak and got it fix im still having the accelerate problem what can this be
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Hi there. If the engine RPM's rev up wh...

Hi there. If the engine RPM's rev up when the acceleration problem is occurring, then you likely have a transmission issue. If the engine barely revs up RPMs when the problem is occurring, you likely have a throttle body issue. The throttle body and wiring connections going bad are common issued on these engines. Also, if the engine is 'jerking' when the problem is occurring, you likely have an ignition system issue, like spark plugs or an ignition coil that is failing. If the engine takes off quickly but then bogs down, you likely have a clog in your exhaust, such as the catalytic converter. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the acceleration problem and suggest an appropriate repair.