Q: I was in an accident and my airbags did not deploy.

I had an accident in my '01 Chevy Blazer - It was totaled as it went end over end twice and ended up on the roof - I was knocked out - I have several pics of the car after the accident showing none of the airbags deployed. Do I have a case ??

If you have some proof that your vehicles supplemental restraint system was operational before the accident like a recent repair, this may carry some weight. The supplemental restraint system uses sensors around the vehicle to determine whether it is experiencing an accident and the severity and the older systems are not perfect. It all depends on the angles of the impacts and there have been several accidents where the vehicle was totaled and the supplemental restraint system stayed intact. If your airbag light was on prior to the accident, there was a fault in the system and as long as the warning light is on, the system will not deploy the airbags.

3. I was in an accident and my airbags did not deploy.