Q: How do you use the moon roof in a 2012 Toyota RAV4?

How do you use the moon roof?

A: If your car is equipped with a moon roof (n...

If your car is equipped with a moon roof (not all have it – it’s optional equipment), you can use this to vent the cabin, or to let in fresh air and light when you don’t want to use the windows. Here’s how to work it:

1. Locate the moon roof controls. They’re on the ceiling near the rear view mirror.

2. Press the slide open button to open the moon roof.

3. It will automatically stop just shy of full open (this reduces wind noise).

4. Press the button again to completely open it.

5. Press the tilt up button (when the moon roof is open) to close it.

To Tilt

1. With the moon roof closed, press the tilt up button to tilt it and vent the interior.

2. Press the slide open button to close the moon roof.

• You can only operate the moon roof with the ignition in the on position (with or without the engine running).

• You can open or close the moon roof for 45 seconds after cutting off the engine (or until one of the front doors is opened).