Q: How do you leave the car with a valet?

How do you leave the car with a valet?

A: If you’re going to use a valet, it’s import...

If you’re going to use a valet, it’s important to understand the process set forth by Nissan. You’ll need to actually give the valet your Intelligent Key, but you should keep the mechanical key. You may want to disable the trunk access on the Intelligent Key before giving it away.

1. Turn the trunk cancel switch to the off position.

2. Take the mechanical key out of the remote’s body.

3. Manually lock the rear seat access and glove box using the mechanical key.

4. Give the Intelligent Key to the valet.

5. Keep the mechanical key.

Tip

Don’t lock the trunk or take the blade key when the vehicle is in for service as this may delay repairs and require your to return to the shop to give them the blade key.