Q: How do SRS air bags work?

How do SRS air bags work?

A: SRS air bags are designed to provide extra ...

SRS air bags are designed to provide extra protection when a collision occurs.

1. The air bags for the driver and front passenger work to protect the head and chest from impact with the steering wheel or dashboard.

2. SRS knee air bags help protect the lower part of the body for the driver and front passenger.

3. SRS front side air bags provide protection around the torso of both the driver and front passenger.

4. SRS rear side air bags protects those in the rear seats from the side.

5. SRS curtain shield airbags protect the head and face of any occupants in the outside seats.

Tips

• The airbags only inflate when a certain speed is met.

• Sensors around the vehicle activate specific airbags when they are hit in a collision.