Q: How do I get to the thermostat on a 2001 Old Alero 2.2 4 cyl

Car over heats checked the coolant level all good gonna change the thermostat, I followed all the hoses but know thermostat housin . Need a lil help

The thermostat on the 2.2 liter engine is actually on the rear of the engine, on the lower driver’s side. It is located in a metal tube that requires removing the exhaust manifold heat shield (at least) to access and replace. If you need help having this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to you to replace the thermostat for you.

3. How do I get to the thermostat on a 2001 Old Alero 2.2 4 cyl