Q: How do I get to the thermostat on a 2001 Old Alero 2.2 4 cyl

Car over heats checked the coolant level all good gonna change the thermostat, I followed all the hoses but know thermostat housin . Need a lil help

A: The thermostat on the 2.2 liter engine is a...

The thermostat on the 2.2 liter engine is actually on the rear of the engine, on the lower driver’s side. It is located in a metal tube that requires removing the exhaust manifold heat shield (at least) to access and replace. If you need help having this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to you to replace the thermostat for you.