Q: Hi, i have a 09 VW GTI, 4 WD and engine 2.0L. VW dealer inspected the car and advised to replace the upper and lower timing cover,

Hi, i have a 09 VW GTI, 4 WD and engine 2.0L. VW dealer inspected the car and advised to replace the upper and lower timing cover, can you tell me long long will it take to replace and how much is the cost of the genuine VW parts, can you do it?

Hello. A timing belt cover replacement on your particular vehicle is a moderately intrusive job, but it can be done at your home or a place of your choice. Replacing the cover takes about 3 hours because the crankshaft must be removed to remove the lower cover. Replacing the timing belt on your vehicle calls for about 5 hours of labor so you may want to consider replacing the belt while the covers are removed. I will ask customer support to send you an estimate regarding the cover replacement.

3. Hi, i have a 09 VW GTI, 4 WD and engine 2.0L. VW dealer inspected the car and advised to replace the upper and lower timing cover,