Q: Misfiring, and we have been told the coil pack has given up. Bought 3 aftermarkets which aren't even letting it run 2012 Sonic 1.6L

Hey got a 2012 Chevy Sonic 1.6 , we have been told the coil pack has given up so I bought 1 aftermarket which wouldnt let the car start . I thought they were faulty - I have now ended getting a 3rd one and still same problem . We put the old one back in and it works but missfires bad . Is there anything we might be doing wrong ??

Hi there - the coil packs on this model have a design issue, and use of OEM parts, and great care in installation is required. I recommend a engine misfire inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Misfiring, and we have been told the coil pack has given up. Bought 3 aftermarkets which aren't even letting it run 2012 Sonic 1.6L