Q: Misfiring, and we have been told the coil pack has given up. Bought 3 aftermarkets which aren't even letting it run 2012 Sonic 1.6L

Hey got a 2012 Chevy Sonic 1.6 , we have been told the coil pack has given up so I bought 1 aftermarket which wouldnt let the car start . I thought they were faulty - I have now ended getting a 3rd one and still same problem . We put the old one back in and it works but missfires bad . Is there anything we might be doing wrong ??

Hi there - the coil packs on this model have a design issue, and use of OEM parts, and great care in installation is required. I recommend a engine misfire inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Misfiring, and we have been told the coil pack has given up. Bought 3 aftermarkets which aren't even letting it run 2012 Sonic 1.6L