Q: Hey Ben, I have a 2013 Range Rover and want to know why is it shaking on the highway when accelerating? It just started.

My Range Rover recently stared shaking when accelerating on the highway. I'd like to know why, is it safe to drive long distances and how bad could the problem be??

If the engine is known to be malfunctioning, I would have the car repaired prior to using it for long distance travel. There are two broad possibilities that might account for the shaking: 1) a failure in one or more of the engine/transmission mounts; and 2) an engine management problem such as a fault in the fuel, ignition or air induction systems that causes poor operation when the engine is under load. Regardless of which of these is the cause (or if there are other, less common causes in your circumstance), if you request an engine diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Hey Ben, I have a 2013 Range Rover and want to know why is it shaking on the highway when accelerating? It just started.