Q: Hello, i own a bmw 335i n55, AT, recently i replaced the sparkplugs and one coil. Since then i have the code P112f. When start up

asked by on July 11, 2017

Hello, i own a bmw 335i n55, AT, recently i replaced the sparkplugs and one coil. Since then i have the code P112f. When start up the car in the morning the code sometimes is gone, and comes back a couple of hours later. What would be the reason for that? thanks

My car has 95k miles.
My car has an automatic transmission and M Package No signs of engine malfunction whatsoever, just the annoying "check engine" light

This code indicates a manifold absolute pressure to throttle valve angle discrepancy. This means that there is some confusion between the mass airflow sensor, the throttle position sensor, and the manifold absolute pressure sensor. It is possible that one of these sensors could be failing. It is also possible that there could be an issue with the throttle body itself. I would recommend having a check engine light is on inspection performed to determine the exact cause of this issue. Consider YourMechanic as these services can be completed at your home or office.