Q: Have trouble code p2101. Cleaned the throttle body unit and still bad. Idle is always high surge like idle.

asked by on October 09, 2016

Truck idles is very high and surged. Was told might need to replace the 4th relay?

Hi, thanks for writing in. Code P2101 is titled Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Performance. Instead of using a traditional throttle cable, your vehicle uses an electronic throttle control. In this system, the throttle control module receives input from sensors, such as the accelerator position sensor. It then uses this information to control the throttle using a stepper motor. The code you have indicates a problem somewhere in this system. It could be anything from a wiring issue to a failed throttle control module. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose and repair this problem for you.