Q: Had high rpm in 2nd, till no oil pressure 2001 Dodge Ram 1500

I was having a heart attack and my wife was driving me to the hospital. She had my truck in 2nd doing 65 mph. It lost oil pressure and we pulled over and shut it down. It was later towed to a garage where oil and filter were changed. Its been a few weeks since I got home, and Zi started it today. It seemed to run ok for awhile, but then lost oil pressure. Pressure drops to nothing and then comes back up over and over. Is my engine shot or could it be something just the oil pump? It's a 360 dodge, 2001.

Yikes - hope you’re recovering quickly - what a serious personal event! It is possible that your truck engine also sustained major damage during this scenario - damaged connecting rod or main bearings. It might be something as simple as a stuck oil pressure relief spring and valve, but more serious damage is likely. I would recommend an engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.