Q: Gas consumption on my car.

My civic, burns gas like crazy. I treated the map sensor, the signal wire give a reading of .32 with no vacuum is that right?

A: Hi there. The readings that you are gettin...

Hi there. The readings that you are getting with the MAP sensor is correct. Since your vehicle is burning fuel like crazy, check the fuel filter for if its dirty. Check the injectors for if they are sticking and draining fuel into the cylinders. Also check the fuel pump to see if the pump is working too hard. The pressure regulator could have increased causing the injectors to have a more intense spray pattern. Its like a garden hose, apply more pressure and the water sprays farther. Replace the parts that you find not working and you will lower fuel consumption rate. If you need further assistance with your vehicle burning through fuel, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.