Q: Fuel Injector faulty

My mechanic reconditioned 4 of my fuel injectors and coded them correctly but the car is running very badly now and he thinks it is a ECU problem and it needs to be brought to the nissan dealer to have the ECU rebooted ? Do you think this could be the problem ?...can a fuel injector change affect the whole car's computer system ? Thanks Barry

A: Your fuel injectors operate based upon a sp...

Your fuel injectors operate based upon a specific electrical pulse that causes them to spray finite and specific amounts of fuel into to the intake manifold. If the fuel injectors were reconditioned, you may need to have them reprogrammed to synchronize with the engine control unit (ECU) since the ECU controls and "directs traffic" when it comes to ignition timing and fuel injection timing. Your local Nissan dealer should be able to help you with your vehicle’s issues.