Q: Front Door Speaker not working

My front door Car speaker is not audible but when I switch on the rear one works do I need to check for fuse or is it something to do with harness.

Thanks Chempian

Hello. If you think about how often your front driver door is opened and shut, chances are the issue is the wiring harness. The door being opened and shut stresses out the wires in the door jam. The slamming of the driver door more often then the other also tends to jostle and disturb the speaker itself. You may want to attempt to bench test the speaker and make sure that it is working correctly and is not blow. If the speaker works on another sound system, then the wires or connection is the issue. Check the connection and make sure they are clean, dry, and tight on both ends. If the speaker still wont work, then you will need to rewire that particular speaker wires. Keep in mind there are other wires coming through the same area, and although speaker wire is very thin, you may want to do a quick visual inspection of the other wires in the area. Step by step check the speaker, connections, and wire itself.

3. Front Door Speaker not working