Q: Front brake pads and rotor.

I recently replaced by brake pads and rotors on my 2006 chevy impala, and once I was finished and tested out the brakes, I heard a squealing noise coming from the front driver side. After removing the tire, I noticed that I forgot my rotor screw(no concern with it) and that the rotor was able to be moved the caliper still together. I found a screw that would work to keep the rotor in place while working on it, that brake pads were clipped in properly, and the caliper was compressed. Would greasing any part of the brake system help this? The only reason why I ask is because all the other wheels are almost soundless while driving. Thank you.

When it comes to brake repairs, the car will need to undergo a break-in period to seat the pads to the rotors. This should clear any minor squeal you may be hearing. If the noise continues after at least a 20 mile break-in, then have the brakes rechecked to find problems with the pads or clip installation.

3. Front brake pads and rotor.