Q: Fog lights

I recently installed my fog lights and instead of installing a fog light switch i wanted to connect the same wiring for my headlights to my fog lights. So when i turn on my head lights i want the fog lights to turn on as well. so is it possible that the headlight switch can also be the switch for the fog lights instead of installing a different switch for the fog light?

It is possible, but you will need to wire in a relay and another fuse. The headlight switch and circuit is not designed to carry all that current. By using a relay, a small amount of current will engage the relay and allow a large amount of current to flow through the other contacts on the relay to the fog lights. I suggest doing a bit of research into how to wire a relay to prevent any possible electrical failure. If you still need help with this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the relevant electrical wiring.